-
USB drive does not work correctly in Knoppix 4.02 DVD
Well, I am still having trouble with the knoppix dvd detecting usb drives. I would like it to work as well as V3.9, which would automatically detect any new device and install an icon. Could safely unmount as any user (not just root) by a simple right click on the icon. I found some information on the knoppix dvd forum (which is now locked otherwise I would have replied to) but it did not work. FUnny thing, is that if I mount the thing as root, from a shell, they mount just fine.
Is there a simple way to upgrade the knoppix dvd to the functionality of the v3.9? I wonder why this was removed?
Thanks! jbike
Similar Threads
-
By Astaroth131 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-09-2006, 08:58 PM
-
By Zeffel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-11-2005, 12:20 AM
-
By ih8censorship in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 03:07 AM
-
By fenriz in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 10:20 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-21-2003, 06:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$89.95

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$60.00