--I blv you can put it in " /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh "
Originally Posted by alienjeff
I want to add a tiny script "apachectl start" so my apache server is up and running on reboot, instead of having to enter the comand manually. Would someone please direct me where to add such a script? One of the rc#.d files? Elsewhere?
Thanks in advance.
--I blv you can put it in " /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh "
Originally Posted by alienjeff
Nope. No dice. Tried it straight "apachectl start" and "/usr/sbin/apache start" and no go.
What I want to accomplish is having that command run should I be away from the computer and there being an unexpected reboot. I want the server to come back up without human intervention.
Thanks for the try, though. Back to the Debian online dox. Sigh.
EDIT MODE UPDATE!
Got it working. Here's what I did (from terminal with 'su' privies):
cd /etc/init.d
cp apache /etc/rc5.d
cd /etc/rc5.d
cp apache S90apache
rm apache
Did a reboot, lo and behold: apache loaded between sshd and kdm sequence. Victory! Finally.
Funny how such small victories can fire up a n00b like me. heh.
Easier to do a symlink:
' cd /etc/rc5.d '
' ln /etc/init.d/apache S90apache -sfn '
--That way you don't have to worry about duplicate scripts, and the apache file will always have the latest mods from the package maintainer.
Originally Posted by alienjeff
Thanks, Dave! I did the commands and rebooted. All works well. Appreciate the help! -Jeff

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99
Yealink SIP-T58W Bluetooth Cordless Handset IP Phone 7in Touch WiFi - Used
$329.00
$85.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
UBIQUITI UVP-TOUCH VoIP Desktop Touchscreen Smart Phone
$55.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T58W Smart Business IP Phone 7in Touchscreen WiFi PoE - Used
$259.00