Kanotix, http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=kanotixOriginally Posted by zombie3000
Windows XP.and wich opsys should i install 1st?
I would like to install a version of linux (free version since im new) and my windows xp, what version of linux would you suggest, and wich opsys should i install 1st?
Kanotix, http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=kanotixOriginally Posted by zombie3000
Windows XP.and wich opsys should i install 1st?
Is Kanotix in english? beacuse there site is in what looks like german...?
Kanotix is German, as is Knoppix. I am an anglophone, and I use/prefer Knoppix. Just be sure to download the "EN" (English) .ISO.
Here is a brief, then you fill in the rest..
1. Download and write the IMAGE to CD (not the file, rather the image).
2. Install WinXP (it will use th whole HDD)
3. Boot Knoppix LiveCD
4. Start KDE (the start button) >> SYSTEM >> QTPARTED
5. Select and make the WinXP partition smaller
6. Select the new space and tell QTPARTED it should be ext2
7. Write the new partition table (click the 'save' icon)
8. Find the correct 'knoppix-hdinstall' command (it changes a lot) on this Forum
9. Install Knoppix on the new ext2 partition
I recommend making a BOOT FLOPPY so you do not have to write LILO or GRUB to HDD. That's your choice. Experiment.
Thanks for the info..![]()
You people don't read anything, don't you? Knoppix is NOT good for hdd installation:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/HD_Insta...g_not_to_do_it
This is a lesson in "I am a jerk."Originally Posted by tdjokic
I've just installed Kanotix 2005-04-Lite -RC21, dual booting with Windows XP. I set up two separate extended partitions for /root and /home and also a 500MB swap file. The Kanotix installer was incredibly easy to use. There is an excellent "Kanotix Manual" which takes you step by step through the installation. 18 minutes later everything was up and running. I've since upgraded to Kanotix 2005-04-RC1 using the same simple to use installer.
drb

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH
$225.00
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99
LOT OF 3 Cisco UCS B200 M4 Blade Server Modules w/ 2x Xeon, No Ram, No HDD, Read
$129.95
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH
$225.00