-
Junior Member
registered user
How to Reset Windows XP admin password with Knoppix
Hi all,
I forgot my Windows XP administrator password. I boot the computer with Knoppix 4.0 bootable cd and try to delete C:\windows\system32\config\SAM file which store password (as far as I know) But I cannot delete this file. It say it is read only file, cannot be modified, even though I set mount as read write in action to my windows hard drive. I can remember about six month before, I did same and it worked, but now it is not working.
Can some one let me know how to reset/recover Admin password using knoppix CD.
I also used Knoppix STD with built in Windows password crack tool but it is also not reseting the admin password.
Similar Threads
-
By hal8000 in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-25-2009, 05:30 PM
-
By redserpet in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-02-2007, 04:08 PM
-
By spiferpipit in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2007, 06:55 AM
-
By Slinky in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-23-2006, 08:02 PM
-
By jgolay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99