well im looking for an emulator so i can run windows applications in linux, ive heard of Wine (which i cant seem to find to download), and cedega which isnt free.. i was wondering if theres a free emulator out there.. any ideaS?
well im looking for an emulator so i can run windows applications in linux, ive heard of Wine (which i cant seem to find to download), and cedega which isnt free.. i was wondering if theres a free emulator out there.. any ideaS?
It's not free, but it's VERY reasonably priced. I have it as part of my Knoppix HDD install to run Photoshop7
I highly recommend it. I use 4.2 Professional. It runs a lot of Windows stuff. I tried it with Word 97. Ran perfect.
I've also run a several open source Windows apps with it including
the entire Open Office Suite
Firefox 1.07 and 1.5
Plus a LOT of Windows games.
All under Knoppix!!!!
It's up to version 5.0 now I believe. I highly recommend it.
sakiZ
i actually download their trial version 5.0, but i need some help on installing the file.. its .sh and i have no idea on how to install it.. any ideas?
Since you're posting this in the Games forum, it's worth noting that games have typically been the worst area for emulators under Linux. It's one thing to manage to get a simple program written for Windows to display under the KDE GUI (and still no minor feet); it's quite another to also pull off 3D graphics at reasonable frame rates and without serious lag, quality sound, support for input devices, and maybe even network play without increasing ping times.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99