Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Modifying hardware autodetection

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1

    Modifying hardware autodetection

    Are there any guides that document the hardware autodconfig system in Knoppix? I would like to learn more about this system and possibly remaster it. Should I just start digging into
    /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig
    to learn about it or are there any guides?

    I'm trying to boot on a laptop with no hard disk. This is confusing the hardware autoconfiguration script.
    I tried it with a NOSCSI boot option and it worked, but I'd like to hard-code this so I don't have to remember it each time.

    Yours,
    Noah

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4
    Hi,

    Since my HD died last week, I have been using knoppix 3.9 with a CF card reader to store the configuration and files downloaded from the internet. It seems to work fine, but I am having a bit of trouble detecting my new printer, a Lexmark Z617. Knoppix 3.7 do detect my printer, but when I added the printer class it asks me for a driver, which I don't have. Kn_3.9 don't seem to detect my printer at all (it doesn't show on the USB list). Could it be what you mention? It could, but I have no way to verify until I get my new HD.

    Gabriel

Similar Threads

  1. Modifying the Start Menu
    By karlsarnow in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 05:06 PM
  2. Modifying the hosts file?
    By BryanY in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 10:51 PM
  3. Hardware Autodetection
    By RJDavison in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 01:19 PM
  4. How to update the hardware autodetection database
    By benlau in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 06:54 AM
  5. Knoppix Hardware Autodetection on HDD Install
    By Juztin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 07:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1671.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$462.74



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99