-
Junior Member
registered user
The problem I'm facing is as such. My computer is wired to my Linksys Wireless-G router by ethernet cable. When I boot into Knoppix I need to run netcardconfig in order to set Knoppix to recognize the LAN (when I run ifconfig when I first start I only get stats for Local Loopback, not Ethernet). My router is enabled for DHCP but when I run a DHCP broadcast I get failed." When I answer the DHCP prompt in the negative the settings I use are as follows:
IP: 192.168.1.101
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Broadcast Address: 192.168.1.255 (I don't know what to put for this, so I leave the default)
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (This is the address) I use to get my router settings
Nameserver: 167.xxx.x.203 (I forget the exact values, I can get them from the router settings, if anyone believes that makes a difference)
I once was able to get internet access, though I forget the settings I used, so there's definitely some solution to the problem. I know there's some internet functionality because when I ping the IP specified in netcardconfig, it pings succesfully, regardless of the fact that I cannot get access to web pages. Also when Knoppix boots it mentions in the output, eth0, so I believe it recognizes the ethernet connection somewhat. I think the main solution has to do with what I put into the netcardconfig settings. Would anyone know of any utils I could run or some settings that should be changed so I can get internet access.
Similar Threads
-
By Ian111384 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
-
By Joliemome in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-15-2006, 02:25 AM
-
By Kakalak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-28-2005, 11:23 PM
-
By Marshall.83 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 10:12 PM
-
By Waylander in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-10-2003, 01:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99

Intel Core Ultra 5 250K Plus Desktop Processor - 18 cores (6P+12E) LGA 1851
$189.99