-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Having the same problem. What was the solution here?

Originally Posted by
tabo
Hey guys. I recently started test-driving Knoppix 5.1 live cd. So far so good. Only problem is connecting to the internet via wifi. I configured ath0 and it connects to the AP. I can see its status as connected, shows my IP GW and SM. When I fire up the browser I can't pull any websites. I did a ping and can only ping the default gateway 192.168.1.1 passed there if I try to ping I get the error message ERROR: NETWORKS IS UNREACHABLE. I'm hitting a brick wall with this. Everything seems to be configued right. I can do a scan and see all the APs on my area. Any idea????
tabo - this is just a 'shot in the dark' until you post the results of the status revealed by:
# ifconfig ath0
Try this command:
# ifconfig ath0 mtu 1500
*Please* let us know if this is successful, and at least please post the results of ifconfig ath0
- good luck
Similar Threads
-
By Ian111384 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
-
By Joliemome in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-15-2006, 02:25 AM
-
By Kakalak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-28-2005, 11:23 PM
-
By Marshall.83 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 10:12 PM
-
By Waylander in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-10-2003, 01:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72