-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
kwyjibo730
Problems fixed, I'm not sure exactly what I did, I guess the last bunch of settings I threw at it worked. Thanks for all the help

Originally Posted by
kwyjibo730
I'm afraid I'm having the problem again, but I think I may have trackeed down the root of it. I don't think there's any problem with the IP or Subnet Mask I'm using because after running netcardconfig and pinging the specified IP, everything pings perfectly, however I can't access pages on the internet. I think the problem may be with my DNS or default gateway. I've found several different values for these in my router settings and other places. Does anyone know where to find the correct values for a Linksys Wireless-G router.
I have no idesa what you did or didn't do based on the first post, nor would it have helped anyone else looking to resolve the same problem.
As to the DNS, that's the domain name server or name server. It's a system provided by your ISP, so others can't tell you what you should use (they might give you a setting that works, but if your ISP is properly configured than using theirs should be a lot faster than using a remote one). The gateway ususally ends up being the IP address of the router itself, as long as you are not playing games with proxies or other foolishness.
We likely can't provide any more information unless you actually tell us the exact settings that you are using. A wrong setting will jump out at a network technician who is used to woring with these numbers, but at this point only a psychic network technician can help you.
If you do learn what your issue is, please try to post back something more helpful than the first quote above.
Similar Threads
-
By Ian111384 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
-
By Joliemome in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-15-2006, 02:25 AM
-
By Kakalak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-28-2005, 11:23 PM
-
By Marshall.83 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 10:12 PM
-
By Waylander in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-10-2003, 01:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00