-
apache help
I want to add a tiny script "apachectl start" so my apache server is up and running on reboot, instead of having to enter the comand manually. Would someone please direct me where to add such a script? One of the rc#.d files? Elsewhere?
Thanks in advance.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: apache help
--I blv you can put it in " /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh "

Originally Posted by
alienjeff
I want to add a tiny script "apachectl start" so my apache server is up and running on reboot, instead of having to enter the comand manually. Would someone please direct me where to add such a script? One of the rc#.d files? Elsewhere?
Thanks in advance.
-
Nope. No dice. Tried it straight "apachectl start" and "/usr/sbin/apache start" and no go.
What I want to accomplish is having that command run should I be away from the computer and there being an unexpected reboot. I want the server to come back up without human intervention.
Thanks for the try, though. Back to the Debian online dox. Sigh.
EDIT MODE UPDATE!
Got it working. Here's what I did (from terminal with 'su' privies):
cd /etc/init.d
cp apache /etc/rc5.d
cd /etc/rc5.d
cp apache S90apache
rm apache
Did a reboot, lo and behold: apache loaded between sshd and kdm sequence. Victory! Finally.
Funny how such small victories can fire up a n00b like me. heh.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Easier to do a symlink:
' cd /etc/rc5.d '
' ln /etc/init.d/apache S90apache -sfn '
--That way you don't have to worry about duplicate scripts, and the apache file will always have the latest mods from the package maintainer.

Originally Posted by
alienjeff
Nope. No dice. Tried it straight "apachectl start" and "/usr/sbin/apache start" and no go.
What I want to accomplish is having that command run should I be away from the computer and there being an unexpected reboot. I want the server to come back up without human intervention.
Thanks for the try, though. Back to the Debian online dox. Sigh.
EDIT MODE UPDATE!
Got it working. Here's what I did (from terminal with 'su' privies):
cd /etc/init.d
cp apache /etc/rc5.d
cd /etc/rc5.d
cp apache S90apache
rm apache
Did a reboot, lo and behold: apache loaded between sshd and kdm sequence. Victory! Finally.
Funny how such small victories can fire up a n00b like me. heh.
-
Thanks, Dave! I did the commands and rebooted. All works well. Appreciate the help! -Jeff
Similar Threads
-
By morbidpalooza in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2006, 06:54 PM
-
By dr_rude in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 02:37 AM
-
By jpiranha in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-04-2004, 01:57 AM
-
By jpiranha in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 11:49 PM
-
By Evilgabo in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco SFP-10G-LRM 10GBASE-LRM SFP+ Module for MMF and SMF 10-2456-03 Genuine
$25.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Lot of 2 For Cisco SFP-10G-X Transceiver, 10Gb SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T 30m
$73.99