Quote Originally Posted by dakky21
tell me something useful as im pretty sure that debian doesn't come with xmms with crossfading plugin and mp3/ogg support preinstalled onto cd/hdd.. and as i am NOOB in this things
You're in a forum discussing installing Knoppix to hard disk. You have obvious problems with that, as many many people do. If you have the skill to install Knoppix then you should be able to install Debian, I don't really care if it's for one night or a few years. If you install Debian than you can easily install any applications in the Debian package system just by doing an apt-get for it. I don't really care which apps you install or what you do with them. The original question was a lament of the Knoppix DVD not fitting on a 4.5 gig drive and a request for any suggestions. I thought I was validly giving one, but certainly one of us is not listening to the other.

As far as xmms with crossfading plugin and mp3/ogg support, I leave it to you to select the right packages to do that. I have no experience with a crossfade plugin or ogg support.