Hey All,
I've made the leap from Knoppix v3.2 2003-04-28-EN Live CD to a hard disk drive install. With this thread, I shall attempt to report my entire experience.
Prior to v3.2, I tried v3.1 very briefly (read: less than one week). With the exception of no sound, V3.1 worked flawlessly. I did not attempt to solve the V3.1 sound issue.
Install date for v3.2: 2003-05-02 (May 2nd)
Known issues with the FX41 and Live CD
1. no sound
2. no X Windows System (X11) using default
solved at boot: knoppix xmodule=vesa
Known issues with the FX41 and hard disk drive installation (#knx-hdinstall)
1. no sound

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00