Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Adding Software from another CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    12

    Adding Software from another CD

    I need to add a 3rd party vendor's software to Knoppix CD that we'll be using in house. The stilly thing has to be installed from a CD. I don't have two CD drives and it appears that Knoppix CD wants to keep the drive all to itself. Will I need to do a Harddrive Install before I remaster? Please tell me there is an easier way.

    As always thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    12
    This is what I ended up doing. I hope it isn't the cause of my other errors

    First I boot back to the host sytem's normal OS (RH9).
    Then I do
    Code:
     
    dd if=/dev/cdrom of=mysoft.img
    This creates an img of the CD. I check it with both sum -r and cksum
    Then I boot back to Knoppix.

    From a Knoppix root window I first mount my hd. Then I do
    Code:
    mount -t iso9660 /path/to/mysoft.img /path/to/mountpoint -o loop
    In this case the mountpoint was the cdrom dir in the source dir of my kustomized knoppix. I then chroot to that source directory. I then installed the software.

    Now my new problem is that when I try to run the sofware I get the following error:
    "cannot execute binary file"

    Now after a lot of searches on google, the best I can figure this comes from not having binfmt-support enabled. However when I do
    Code:
    apt-get install binfmt-support
    I get the following output
    Code:
    Reading Package Lists... Done
    Building Dependency Tree... Done
    Package binfmt-support is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source
    E: Package binfmt-support has no installation candidate
    Now what can I do?

    Thanks in advance.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    12
    One more update.

    I did a file on the file and this was the result:
    ELF 32-bit MSB executable, IBM S/390, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

    Does this mean I need to find a version of Knoppix which has Linux 2.2.5 instead of 2.6 or whatever it is now.

Similar Threads

  1. adding and removing Software
    By LinuxDebianSargeUser in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-24-2005, 10:51 PM
  2. Adding Software
    By rubic_cube in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2005, 10:27 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 12:08 AM
  4. adding my own software in cd
    By kushaljerath in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 06:16 PM
  5. Adding Software
    By Friendly Guy in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2003, 07:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper NS-ISG-GB4 : Juniper ISG GB4  4-Port picture

Juniper NS-ISG-GB4 : Juniper ISG GB4 4-Port

$99.29



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99