-
Did your wireless network card come with your laptop? If so, then you might want to check out <http://www.linuxlaptops.com> and click on Laptops&Notebooks. Someone might have posted some info there that could possibly help you to configure your wireless network card.
A few minutes ago, I posted a reply to "Wireless card not recognized" with similar information. You might want to check it out--specifically the part where I did some research to find out which driver is used in XP. It will be something like *.SYS. You can get that information either via the web or via the Control Pannel in XP. After you know what the name of the driver is, then you'll need to find the correct .INF file (and possibly a few other files). I did that for my own setup via the 2 find statements. Don't be alarmed if everything doesn't work for you the first time around--it didn't work for me the first time either. Actually, it took me a series of trials and errors to hack together my setup. (I could have done it much quicker had I downloaded the driver from the ndiswrapper website, but that would have failed with my setup--it's a long story.)
A laconic version of that story is that I was running Knoppix via a livecd, and I insisted upon working with the XP drivers (just because I heard it was possible).
Anyway, this should be enough to at least help you get started. By the way, if knoppix also has an issue with your wired netword card, then you can do something similar to get it working.
Similar Threads
-
By Cambo105 in forum Networking
Replies: 15
Last Post: 10-12-2007, 04:41 AM
-
By zombie3000 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2005, 04:35 AM
-
By Tine in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-18-2005, 05:32 PM
-
By Josh in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:17 AM
-
By Sance in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested
$28.49

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet
$239.95

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00