-
Terminalserver works fine from CD but not from HDD
I had the problem with the terminalserver. It worked fine from CD but not from HDD.
I found out, that the computer with the terminalserver needs the IP address 192.168.0.1, ohterwise the server makes problems and you will find the NFS failure.
Hope it helps
Gerald Ortner
Who knows how different users can login to the terminalserver? Roaming profiles would be fine to work.
-
Interesting - NFS is my issue
This is interesting, as I am having a problem getting the "toram" option working with knoppix-terminalserver in Knoppix 4.0.2 CD. The clients were hanging after trying to mount the /cdrom directory, and asking for the path (and since I have USB keyboards on all of them - no more PS/2 ports on newer models - there was no way to type in a path).
I traced it back to the NFS server denying mounting of the /cdrom directory. I have tried several things, including flushing iptables, changing/deleting the rules in hosts.deny and hosts.allow, changing options in the /etc/exports file, and changing premissions on the exported directories themselves. All I ever get on the client end (tested by booting with KNOPPIX 4.0.2 CD and trying to mount the dir via NFS) is "Permission denied by server". And of course there is very little output on the NFS server side of it, so debugging this is very frustrating.
I will give this method a try, as I was using a 10.0.0.x IP range before.
EDIT: I tried using the IP 192.168.0.1 to no avail. Also another hack I read somewhere here was to put "any nameserver IP at all" into the /etc/resolv.conf file, that didn't work either. I also tried copying the contents of the CD to the /cdrom directory after booting with "toram", but that didn't work either, and there already was a complete copy of it in the dir anyway. I am now convinced the problem lies in the way the /cdrom dir is mounted when in "toram" mode as opposed to the pure CD boot. Next I get the chance I am going to try creating another dir, coppying the CD to it, exporting it, and if I can NFS mount it on another machine, I will modify the PXE boot conf to look for that dir instead. I was hoping to have this work without making my own KNOPPIX CD, but oh well.
Similar Threads
-
By nickmages in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 01:50 AM
-
By pybe in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 10:08 PM
-
By mcsweetie in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 06:44 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-25-2003, 03:27 PM
-
By Mokoshi in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 03:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Golf Challenge - Sierra On-Line - 1982 / Atari 400/800
$199.95

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29