-
[SOLVED] NIC on PowerEdge 2850
In great tradition of not trying enough before posting, I found that for some unkown reason, the e1000 module wasn't being automatically loaded. After manually modprobing it the network cards are detected just fine. This is the first time I have had to manually load NIC kernel modules in Knoppix.
I have just booted Knoppix 4.0.2 CD on a PowerEdge 2850 and it is unable to detect the network card.
Since the machine is not at this location and I am performing all of this through Dells RAC (remote admin console or some such thing) I don't have any copy-pastes of output, but I took a screenshot of lspci (I didn't have the heart to retype it).
screenshot
That shows both the network card error as well as the lspci output. That seems like a common NIC so I am not sure if I am overlooking something. Also my forum searches haven't turned up any similar problems so perhaps I am doing something wrong.
Once I get the card up I can ssh into the machine and take care of the rest.
Thanks in advance for any and all help,
riogeedee
Similar Threads
-
By Elwood55 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-17-2007, 10:01 PM
-
By glaverneflambeau in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-26-2006, 06:20 PM
-
By ninersheaven in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-03-2005, 03:07 AM
-
By thewolf in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-26-2005, 01:28 PM
-
By Elkabong in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 08:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49