Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How can I send files to another pc through networking?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3

    How can I send files to another pc through networking?

    Knoppix seems to work fine, I can use the internet etc. I would like to send files through the network to another pc (windows xp home) how can I do this? (Can't find it in the FAQ/documentation).

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3
    Ok I found the LinNeighbourhood, I entered my workgroup in options then I did a scan. I can now see my other pc however I don't see any shared folders. I already turned of NortonPersonall firewall 2005 at the other pc however still no shared folders. How can I fix this?

    edit I also tried option 2 doing this:

    mount -t smbfs -o uid=knoppix,workgroup=THUISNETWERK //PcBoven/testshare/ /mnt/shared
    This works.but the first option doensn't.

Similar Threads

  1. Using Knoppix to send mail externally from a script?
    By eccythump in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 09:03 PM
  2. Internet works but unable to send email!
    By sourabh in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 07:55 AM
  3. Net Send?
    By Nightmare in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 06:35 PM
  4. scsi wants to send more data thean expected
    By snotpix in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2003, 02:22 AM
  5. Send in your screenshots!
    By eadz in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2003, 05:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Commodore 1750 512K RAM Expansion REU for C128 / C64 – Tested & Working picture

Commodore 1750 512K RAM Expansion REU for C128 / C64 – Tested & Working

$110.00



TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded picture

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded

$89.50



Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW picture

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW

$11.99



Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords picture

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords

$149.99



Commodore 64 C64 Computer & RF TV Switch Cable UNTESTED NO POWER SUPPLY AS IS picture

Commodore 64 C64 Computer & RF TV Switch Cable UNTESTED NO POWER SUPPLY AS IS

$104.99



Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA picture

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA

$10.49



Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller picture

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller

$29.99



RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on picture

RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on

$70.00



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99