Hello,
I had the same problem. What helped for me was to connect the CD/DVD rom to the Primary IDE connector on the mainboard.
Then it will find the filesystem.
Good luck with it
Greetz,
Ron
hi all im new to this so bare with me heres the problem i get this on boot Cant find knoppix file system dropping you to a limeted shell....
heres wat ive done ......burned iso with nero and check sum md5 all ok no problems there....
tried failsafe/knoppix2/nodma/acpi=off,,......
still getting this message and not getting any joy ive downloaded 4 versions off the same knoppix 3.9 and burned and checked but get this with them all...
im running xp pro with 128mb ram...1.6ghz pentium 4 ....rage graphics card help needed thaanks people...
Hello,
I had the same problem. What helped for me was to connect the CD/DVD rom to the Primary IDE connector on the mainboard.
Then it will find the filesystem.
Good luck with it
Greetz,
Ron
When the following day i was trying an Ubuntu Live CD I encountered the same problem. The DVD writer was not recognised. I found out that when i changed the BIOS setting 'Onboard IDE Operate Mode' from Enhanced Mode to Compatible Mode it worked again.
I have an Asus P4P800E Deluxe Mainboard and a NEC 3540 DVD writer on the Secondary IDE port.
Greetz,
Ron
I have experienced the same problem as RonC with the most recent release (4.02 I think).
I'm not keen to connect the optical drive to the primary IDE as I want the boot HD to connect to it, so I tried the IDE setting changes (to compatible mode) but it took the CD drive away from windows....
Any other ideas guys?
paulMb

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99