i think there's a disabel dialtone checking somewhere. It's been over a year since I used KPPP, 6 months since I used a PPP gui, and 6 weeks since I had dialup.
Hi:
I am trying to setup a dial-up connection for a friend with D-Link Dialup Serial External Modem, I get no Dial tone message with KPPP, and pppconfig does start a connection with pon.
Message on KPPP is
ATZ
OK
M1L1
OK
ATDT phone-number
NO DIAL TONE
How do I get this working on Knoppix?
Thanks Much
AJ
i think there's a disabel dialtone checking somewhere. It's been over a year since I used KPPP, 6 months since I used a PPP gui, and 6 weeks since I had dialup.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server
$292.50
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00