-
Older versions available anywhere?
Hello,
are there older versions of Knoppix (especially 3.1) available anywhere to download?
I can see only the version 3.2 on all servers I've checked.
I have a Knoppix 3.1 CD, but for some reason it doesn't boot. I'd like to get a fixed, bootable CD image, but I can't find one.
Anybody can help me?
-
Senior Member
registered user
You could try KnoppixKDE it's based on 3.1 it only has mostly KDE apps though.
-
I used to run my laptop on Knoppix v3.1 - it runs only on that version, but now that CD got scratched and has read errors. Won't boot any later version, it's a 16MB machine, and Knoppix's boot process says it has run out of space on device while writing directories and config to the ramdisk. With a 64MB swapfile I don't know what's being written, but it must be large.
So this is why I need that earlier version. KNOPPIX seems to discard them as soon as a new version comes out, and that isn't good! May save space on mirrors, but it's hard for users to keep up with the latest. Plus, it may violate the GPL.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
plaus
Plus, it may violate the GPL.
The sources for scripts and the programs used on the CD are available so there is no violation. That being said you may want to look into getting a CD scratch removal kit (they cost about $10 around here) and re-polishing the surface to remove the scratches and the link for KnoppixKDE above is still valid so there is at least one source for Knoppix based on 3.1 you can get.
-
Senior Member
registered user
The thing I like KNOPPIX is that it did the dirty work for you, the thing I don't like it is that, it can only be taken in its final form(thus if the ISO image gone, for say space saving reason, it gone forever).
If there is a way to reconstruct a particular version from a known base, it would be much better.
Similar Threads
-
By maroje in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-14-2005, 03:49 PM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-26-2005, 08:46 PM
-
By coldlamper in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 09:01 PM
-
By johncarlson21 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-03-2003, 10:23 PM
-
By handyman in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-11-2003, 08:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

CISCO SFP-10G-SR V03 10-2415-03 NEW SEALED
$39.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

New Open Box Lot of (5) Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10Gig Transceivers 10-3105-01
$84.99

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD
$25.00

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH LOT OF 10
$70.00

TRENDnet TEG-3102WS 10-Port Web Smart 2.5G Switch w/ 10G SFP+ Rack
$98.88