You could try KnoppixKDE it's based on 3.1 it only has mostly KDE apps though.
Hello,
are there older versions of Knoppix (especially 3.1) available anywhere to download?
I can see only the version 3.2 on all servers I've checked.
I have a Knoppix 3.1 CD, but for some reason it doesn't boot. I'd like to get a fixed, bootable CD image, but I can't find one.
Anybody can help me?
You could try KnoppixKDE it's based on 3.1 it only has mostly KDE apps though.
I used to run my laptop on Knoppix v3.1 - it runs only on that version, but now that CD got scratched and has read errors. Won't boot any later version, it's a 16MB machine, and Knoppix's boot process says it has run out of space on device while writing directories and config to the ramdisk. With a 64MB swapfile I don't know what's being written, but it must be large.
So this is why I need that earlier version. KNOPPIX seems to discard them as soon as a new version comes out, and that isn't good! May save space on mirrors, but it's hard for users to keep up with the latest. Plus, it may violate the GPL.
The sources for scripts and the programs used on the CD are available so there is no violation. That being said you may want to look into getting a CD scratch removal kit (they cost about $10 around here) and re-polishing the surface to remove the scratches and the link for KnoppixKDE above is still valid so there is at least one source for Knoppix based on 3.1 you can get.Originally Posted by plaus
The thing I like KNOPPIX is that it did the dirty work for you, the thing I don't like it is that, it can only be taken in its final form(thus if the ISO image gone, for say space saving reason, it gone forever).
If there is a way to reconstruct a particular version from a known base, it would be much better.

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00
Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$44.99
M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU
$50.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00