I'm new to Knoppix, so this may be a dumb question. But looking through the forums and the help file haven't found much...

At my workplace we do a lot of scientific imaging, and as such have a large number of imaging and modeling programs for our work. Due to the low number of Linux-running computers at our facility we don't have a lot of work stations where people can use this software. We're looking at using knopptix as a way for people to turn any PC into am imaging workstation, without having to install anything onto their computer (i.e. LiveCD or LiveDVD).

The problem I am having is that I have been unable to find ways to "install" these programs into knopptix to see if they'll work. I tried klick, but it didn'twork (or maybe I'm just dumb?). I was wondering if there were ways to "install" new programs using a LiveDVD "install" without using Klick. We have a few custom packages at work which we would like to test with Knoppix to see how well they'll work before we go through the effort of remastering.

Thanx

Bryan