Yes it works
but only if i am editin files as root user
I need to ty su before kwrite for instance
I am not sure to understand what this relates to...Originally Posted by hobz
A little bit of context and feedback on my previous answers will be apreciated.
If the cdrom2.loop partition device is not NTFS and you got write access granted
to the partition using the mount -f -o remount,rw ... it shoudl work....
Gilles
Yes it works
but only if i am editin files as root user
I need to ty su before kwrite for instance
I don't know if anyone else still cares about this thread, but as I just found it,
I'll add my 2c.
1. only root can write:
Knop4 always does this (only root can write) to the partition with the .iso on it.
you will find that booting from a CD you can write to it.
If you have more than one partition, the others will write fine.
2. .iso filenames:
I found that my Knop4 knx.iso would never be found unless I did
bootfrom=/hda1/KNX.iso
perhaps 4.iso would be less troublesome
This is the reason for the "bootfrom=.../*.iso" in my menu.lstOriginally Posted by cvevans
My 2 cts,
Gilles
I also have 5.iso for Knoppix 5 on the same partition;
Is there any way to multiboot Knop4 & 5 with no CD?
Yes of course, I have 5 iso boots on my laptop... Knoppix 4 & 5, Kanotix, accelerated knoppix, ...Originally Posted by cvevans
Just use different path and/or filenames for the various versions of set of files (kernel, ramdisk and iso)
BTW, the iso file do not need to be called iso, you could rename it with only a letter to avoid
the upper/lower case problem then just use "bootfrom=.../5" in your menu.lst
My 2 cts,
Gilles

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD
$25.00
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
New Open Box Lot of (5) Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10Gig Transceivers 10-3105-01
$84.99
HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH LOT OF 10
$70.00
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00