-
Soundcard not working - VIA 8233 AC97
Hello,
My Knoppix 3.1 (I haven't tried 3.2 yet, I'm currently downloading it) does not support the onboard AC97 audio controller on VIA VT8233 chip. During bootup, Knoppix identifies the device (correctly) as "VT8233 AC97 audio controller", but the module via82cxxx.o responds with "No such device" message and the sound is not working. I tried to find some support on linux newsgroups and I was told that via82cxxx.o module does not support this chip and I have to find a newer driver. Can anybody point me to the correct file?
Similar Threads
-
By XemonerdX in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2005, 04:13 PM
-
By psychopath in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 09:27 PM
-
By JNeuhoff in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-27-2005, 09:52 PM
-
By lace99 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 07:08 AM
-
By MagicianCamille in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 05:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco 6500 WS-X6148A-GE-45AF 48-Port 10/100/1000 RJ-45 802.3af PoE Card Module.
$80.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco Catalyst C9300L-48T-4G-A 48 Port Data Switch with 4x 1G SFP New Sealed
$5795.57

Cisco C9300L-24UXG-4X-E Catalyst 9300L Network Essentials Switch 24 Ports New
$8495.57

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$36.00