-
Using Knoppix 4.02 CD to install 64b linux
I have been using Knoppix to install gentoo for years however when using it to install on a Dell 2850 I found that Knoppix is 32bit which makes it so that I can't chroot to begin the gentoo installation since it is chrooting into an env. with 64bit binaries.
I have found a knoppix 64 but it seems quite out of date and was wondering what your suggestions for alternatives were ?
I could just use a gentoo 64bit install CD but I prefer Knoppix because it is a good tool for everything.
I don't suppose the DVD has a second copy of everything compiled for amd64 and cheatcodes to boot from that ?
I looked through the cheatcodes and didn't find anything but thought it couldnt hurt to ask. It would be nice if there were such a disk, both x86 and amd64!
Thanks,
Riogeedee
-
Senior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By Ranger24 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 03:26 PM
-
By outlawX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 03:42 AM
-
By Mic Q in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 12:24 AM
-
By mmw1231 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2004, 02:18 AM
-
By AndrewVDP in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-23-2003, 04:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SK hynix PC801 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 x4 Internal SSD HFS512GDE9X081N
$90.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

fanxiang S660 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 Internal SSD w/ Heatsink Gray
$120.00