You will most likely need WineX from http://www.transgaming.com/
Hello.
I found the Knoppix distro on a PC-Plus Mag - and like it.
Other distros I've previous tried out (SOT, Slackware)
won't go on my new machine (except from Mandrake and this one).
Prob. couse of missing graphic driver.
My question however is:
I like to run Windows progs (games etc) and when I tried to run Warcraft
and Jedi Knight Outcasts Wine reported It Couldn'T Find ACTIVE X (ver 9).
WHY ?
What can I do to fix this ?
By the way ; how can I get more than 65536 colors.
Thanks in advance
Knut, Norway
You will most likely need WineX from http://www.transgaming.com/
Thanks Probono.
What do I Download, found a cryptic message ;
--
To download the latest source code via CVS, use the following commands:
$ cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/winex login
---
I'm not even sure if this is what I need.
More Help Please
Thanks
Knut
First off you won't be able to run WINEX from the cd. You'll need to have an installed version of linux. I have know idea what sort of installer they have and how it works with Debian, but I would just buy a copy of WINEX. It's really not expensive (a $5 a month subscription with a minimum of 3 months I think).

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot of (5) Samsung 32GB 2RX4 DDR4-2133 ECC REG RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB
$875.00
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 PC4-2133P M393A4K40BB0-CPB4Q ECC Server Memory Module
$150.00
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99