-
Re: IPW200 not monitor mode

Originally Posted by
abclinux
I have an intel pro wireless 2200bg
I try (as root) going into monitor mode:
iwconfig eth1 mode monitor
and I get
Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
SET failed on device eth1 ; Invalid argument.
I am able to go into ad-hoc and managed mode just fine.
Why can't I enter monitor mode?! I am trying to get kismet working
I think I have at least 1.04 of my drivers, is there a way to check?
Any help would be great!
Thanks.
You need to upgrade your driver. If you dowemload the latest driver from sourceforge + firmware + ieee80211
Now the only nasty thing is that it seems the drivers on the knoppix CD are not installed at their regular place, hence the unload/remove script that goes together with the source does not work. Remove manually the ipw/ieee80211 files before installing the new ones, otherwise it sure will NOT work.. Don't forget to copy the firmware to the hotplug dir
After it it works fine.
If there is need for it I can see if I can make the compiled driver available for downloading
Similar Threads
-
By dtzxdtzx1 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:20 PM
-
By Draco in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-30-2005, 07:32 PM
-
By thellamafarm in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
-
By rpk073 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:09 PM
-
By Mike UK in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1-NF Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A
$119.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

Dell Optiplex 7040 MT, i7-6700 3.40GHz, 16GB DDR4 RAM, NO HDD/OS #95
$65.00