Try booting with the cheat code knoppix noddc at the boot: prompt.
I have been trying to get Knoppix to run on my HP Pavilion N3202.
It seems to detect everything correctly, and gets to the point where it starts x-windows and it stops with a black screen. The kyboard is unresponsive and the cd-rom must stil be mounted because it won't eject
Here is a short hardware list
64mb ram
500mhz Celeron (deteced as 382mhz)
8 gb harddrive
24x cd-rom
Silicon Motion LynxEM video
ESS Maestro PCI Audio
Linksys Wireless LAN card
Once again, I see Knoppix corretcly identify and load drivers for all these items.
Try booting with the cheat code knoppix noddc at the boot: prompt.
Ok, I'll try that.
Right tnow it works with :
fb800x600 xserver=XFree86 , but it stays in 640x480 mode. Otherwise, it's working great!
plain ol fd800x600 won't do it, and neither will just xserver=XFree86 on the knoppix kernel
I have the same problem on HP Pavillion 6835, it halts on xwindow. I clicked on the cheat codes but its locked hope you can provide those codes so that I can make it run on my HP box.Originally Posted by Stephen
Boy, someone dug up an old thread. Congratulations on at least trying to search for old postings. I'll suggest that you try any of the following cheat codes: xmodule=vesa or vga=0 or vga=normal . The first is my best guess, but I don't have that computer or that problem, so I can't be certain.

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Datto S3E12000 RACK SERVER 2U 2x Xeon E5-2670 v3 2.30GHz 32GB RAM 2x PSU 14 BAY
$399.95
LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08