Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: weird firefox problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2

    weird firefox problem

    Just setup my Knoppix system. Got it to recognize my usb wireless network and am posting this now with Konqueror. WhooHooo!

    However, I've got a weird issue with Firefox. If I try to browse to a site with Firefox, I can only get there if I've recently browsed to the same site with Konqueror. If I haven't been there with Konqueror yet, Firefox tries for a while and finally says that the site isn't responding. But if I go there with Konqueror, then try again with Firefox, it works great. It seems to only be a domain resolution issue, because once I've been to the domain with Konqueror, I can browse all over that domain with Firefox, but as soon as I link to a different domain... nada.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    If I was having this problem I would compare the preferences>connection settings between the two browsers. In firefox preferences are accessed from the edit menu. I haven't used KDE/Konqueror in quite some time so not sure, but they're probably under the edit or tools menu. Good luck

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2
    Yup, tried that. All looked the same. No proxy setttings or anything.


    Figure it out though. Had the nameserver set wrong for the NIC. Strange symptom, but once fixed all seems to be working well.

Similar Threads

  1. Weird problem
    By socrates in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 12:17 PM
  2. Weird Keyboard Problem..
    By Me|2c in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 04:29 AM
  3. Weird Sound Problem PLEASE HELP IT'S SO ANNOYING!
    By tonynaia in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-10-2004, 05:47 PM
  4. Weird keyboard problem
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 04:22 AM
  5. Weird problem (n00b)
    By AlterEgo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 08:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$169.99



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$250.00



Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA picture

Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA

$325.00



AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor

$59.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



Intel Xeon W-2245 3.90Ghz 8 Core 16.5MB CPU Processor SRH02 picture

Intel Xeon W-2245 3.90Ghz 8 Core 16.5MB CPU Processor SRH02

$140.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98