-
Senior Member
registered user
How Do I recompile the 2.6.9 kernel in Knoppix 3.7
I need to recompile the 2.6.9 kernel in my HDD install of Knoppix 3.7
Specifically, I need the ub.ko module removed, deactivated, GONE!
It trashes usb-storage. I need this activated in the 2.6.9 kernel.
(This is a long discussed issue of the Knoppix Live CD and a key reason why it is a bad idea to install it to the HDD. Anyway, I already did a year ago.
)
This is what I need to do according to one source:
"Therefore people wanting to use usb storage have to recompile the kernel with CONFIG_UB=n.
Additional Information: ub may be an important step forward but until it fully supports the devices it disables from usb_storage, my vote is just to set CONFIG_UB to n.
An alternative is to do two builds, one with ub=n to make the fully-functional usb_storage.ko and then with ub=m to give the new module as well."
So, how do I do this?
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By chris-ukl in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 11:04 AM
-
By samwhich in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 06:12 PM
-
By tmp001 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2004, 11:48 AM
-
By BoopaMagal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 12:03 PM
-
By Vermyndax in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell PowerEdge R720 Server 2x Xeon E5-2670 2.6 GHz 64 GB RAM No OS No HDD Read-
$239.95