-
wifi card installed ok, still wont connect to router.
Problem: I cannot connect to the LAN and get access to the internet.
Im running Knoppix off CD (latest version downloaded 31/12/2005) on my dell latitude laptop (500mhz, 192mb RAM, broken HDD, 512mb usb-key used to store knoppix config settings). I have an Edimax ew-7108g wifi card. I have installed the driver with ndiswrapper. The wifi card seems to be recognised ok - it says the driver is installed and hardware is installed.
If I run KWifiManager it finds my router/network (conexant). signal strength is 100%. But it wont connect to it or let me use the internet. I try to ping my router (10.0.0.2) but it cannot connect (refused). When I check this with IPTRAF it seems that it is using the lo interface to connect rather than the wlan0. This may be a key to the problem.
I have tried using netcardconfig and using DHCP broadcast - result was failed. If I dont use DHCP, it asks for lots of settings but I dont know what these should be. I have entered my encryption key and left all the others as default.
Any advice for getting this working?
Similar Threads
-
By archimedes1981 in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 12-28-2007, 06:18 PM
-
By deejay1127 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-05-2006, 01:44 AM
-
By lostinspace in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-12-2005, 09:00 PM
-
By axopro in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-12-2005, 03:38 AM
-
By Deagle123 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 05:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99