-
Senior Member
registered user
Help with Poor Man's Boot / bootfromiso
Right now I am doing well using the bootfromiso switch using a Knoppix 4.0.2 CD when I boot. However, I would like to setup LILO to automate the process so that I don't have to use a CD to boot my workstation (i.e. I just turn the computer on and it boots to my desktop).
Apparently bootfromiso requires a bootable instance of KNOPPIX (either bootable CD or HD install) to boot. As mentioned, I would prefer to not use a CD. Also, I don't want to install Knoppix to my hard drive as it takes up 2-3G that I will not be using otherwise.
Is there a way to install to a hard drive partition *just* the files that are needed to use the bootfromiso command so that I can configure LILO to do a Poor Man's boot using the bootfromiso command?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions the group may have.
Similar Threads
-
By Kosslowski in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-20-2009, 03:13 PM
-
By Radfahrer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-07-2005, 04:29 PM
-
By prehis in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 04:44 AM
-
By j.drake in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-29-2004, 07:51 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 10-02-2003, 09:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99

VINTAGE DEC DELNI-AA 8 PORT AUI THICKWIRE ETHERNET LAN INTERCONNECT IN COVERS.
$95.00

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$125.00

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC Digital Rainbow Drive Controller PC100 RD51 CNTLR
$69.99

Vintage DEC Digital M8153 RH70 UNIBUS CONTROL-BCT (B15)
$139.99