I had a similar problem trying to Remaster Kanotix, still trying to track down what has changed between 2003 and 2004 for remastering.
Please tell me how you remastered 2004 rc15, I am very curious to know.
I am trying to remaster Kanotix 2005-04 LITE but faced lots of problems. I was able to start X in chrooted environment but many things are not starting like konsol and synaptic. It says some thing about not finding "su" and the need to setup the PATH correctly. Any body has an idea?
I remastered the beta version (RC15) and did not have any problem with it. What changes had happened since then?
I had a similar problem trying to Remaster Kanotix, still trying to track down what has changed between 2003 and 2004 for remastering.
Please tell me how you remastered 2004 rc15, I am very curious to know.
I've passed certain roadblocks trying to remaster this live CD. My objective is to have a live CD that boots into English and contains the eboard Chess app. The roadblocks a newbie like me encountered:
- how to mount the /cdrom0/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX,, its not -t cloop
mount -t squashfs /cdrom0/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX /mnt/tmp_mount -o loop
- Make a folder you can work from, remaster/, remaster/source , remaster/target
cp -pR /mnt/tmp_mount/* /tmp/remaster/source
- chroot to /tmp/remaster/source and apt-get remove or install what you need. Can I start a KDE app from the chroot environment? This my question, any body?
- after using chroot (and while not braking anything) put it back into a compressed file (-info tells you the status). Replace this
- KNOPPIX file with the source/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file by mv
mksquashfs /tmp/remaster/source /tmp/KNOPPIX -info
- now make a ISO file
- I tested the ISO using qemu (I'm surprised it runs well on 128MB on 500 Mhz CPU) and it boots grub with gxbmenu but shows
- me an error: can't find Kanotix /KNOPPIX
What's wrong?
I don't know Kanotix enough but check some things.Originally Posted by knopx4me
1. Is user knoppix member of sudo group? If not, just add it:
2. Have you modified /etc/profile file? What does echo $PATH say?Code:adduser knoppix sudo
Profile file should start like this:
At the end of that file is in Knoppix:Code:# /etc/profile umask 022 PATH="/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/games"
-tapsa-Code:# This is very KNOPPIX-specific alias su="sudo su"

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Dell Inspiron 15 3250 15.6 Touch Screen Laptop Intel core I5, 8GB, 256GB SSD
$379.00
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core 16-Thread 4.6GHz Max Boost, 3.8 GHz Base
$170.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
$600.00