Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Wine can't find Active X - Help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2

    Wine can't find Active X - Help

    Hello.

    I found the Knoppix distro on a PC-Plus Mag - and like it.
    Other distros I've previous tried out (SOT, Slackware)
    won't go on my new machine (except from Mandrake and this one).
    Prob. couse of missing graphic driver.

    My question however is:
    I like to run Windows progs (games etc) and when I tried to run Warcraft
    and Jedi Knight Outcasts Wine reported It Couldn'T Find ACTIVE X (ver 9).

    WHY ?

    What can I do to fix this ?

    By the way ; how can I get more than 65536 colors.


    Thanks in advance
    Knut, Norway

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    You will most likely need WineX from http://www.transgaming.com/

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2
    Thanks Probono.

    What do I Download, found a cryptic message ;

    --
    To download the latest source code via CVS, use the following commands:

    $ cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/winex login
    ---

    I'm not even sure if this is what I need.

    More Help Please


    Thanks
    Knut

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    First off you won't be able to run WINEX from the cd. You'll need to have an installed version of linux. I have know idea what sort of installer they have and how it works with Debian, but I would just buy a copy of WINEX. It's really not expensive (a $5 a month subscription with a minimum of 3 months I think).

Similar Threads

  1. no active mixer devices avalibale
    By bossslimthug in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 11:20 PM
  2. HDD install changes active partition??
    By clarjon1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 08:11 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2005, 07:35 PM
  4. Do I need all the default apt mirrors to be active?
    By Pumpino in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 03:07 AM
  5. SAMBA-Client & W2k-Active-Directory
    By ZMK in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 03:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM

$139.99



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Samsung 64gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC LRDIMM Memory M393A8G40AB2-CWE - PARTS picture

Samsung 64gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC LRDIMM Memory M393A8G40AB2-CWE - PARTS

$1450.00



HMCG88MEBRA115N Hynix 32GB 2RX8 PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz ECC REG RDIMM Memory picture

HMCG88MEBRA115N Hynix 32GB 2RX8 PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz ECC REG RDIMM Memory

$1345.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$289.80