I'm getting that message too and then when I use the cheat (boot: knoppix acpi=off pnpbio=off noapic noapm) I get ERROR: CANNOT UNITE READ-ONLY MEDIA AND INITIAL RAMDISK!
pardon me...I'm new to Knoppix, and Linux!
I was able to easily boot Knoppix, and then install Ubuntu on my Laptop which is a P3 600Mhz - older laptop. I now want to try to run Knoppix on my Desktop PC, and eventually also install Ubuntu. However, every time I try to load Knoppix I get an Error Message that says:
Kernel Bug at drivers/scsi/libata-core.c:2077!
[A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF HERE]
<0>Kernel Panic - Not Syncing: Attempted to Kill Init!
any suggestions as to what may be causing this? Thanks for your help!!!
][Q][
I'm getting that message too and then when I use the cheat (boot: knoppix acpi=off pnpbio=off noapic noapm) I get ERROR: CANNOT UNITE READ-ONLY MEDIA AND INITIAL RAMDISK!

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$284.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.3" 2k Touchscreen Laptop - AMD Ryzen 7 170 2025 - ...
$599.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Core i5 2.6GHz 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 , Good
$229.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E16 Gen 2 Intel Core Ultra 5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Laptop
$500.00
Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00