Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Kernel Panic - Not Syncing: Attempted to Kill Init!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DTX
    Posts
    1

    Kernel Panic - Not Syncing: Attempted to Kill Init!

    pardon me...I'm new to Knoppix, and Linux!

    I was able to easily boot Knoppix, and then install Ubuntu on my Laptop which is a P3 600Mhz - older laptop. I now want to try to run Knoppix on my Desktop PC, and eventually also install Ubuntu. However, every time I try to load Knoppix I get an Error Message that says:

    Kernel Bug at drivers/scsi/libata-core.c:2077!

    [A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF HERE]

    <0>Kernel Panic - Not Syncing: Attempted to Kill Init!


    any suggestions as to what may be causing this? Thanks for your help!!!

    ][Q][

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    120

    Same problem

    I'm getting that message too and then when I use the cheat (boot: knoppix acpi=off pnpbio=off noapic noapm) I get ERROR: CANNOT UNITE READ-ONLY MEDIA AND INITIAL RAMDISK!

Similar Threads

  1. Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill idle task!
    By SaberCat in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 04:23 PM
  2. Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
    By pegasus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 05:02 PM
  3. Kernel panic - not syncing : No init found
    By satimis in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2005, 03:13 AM
  4. Help please!!! Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init
    By voldemort_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 06:16 PM
  5. Kernel panic: attempted to kill init!
    By Thundjar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2003, 11:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple IIe Slot 3 Clock – Southern California Research Group picture

Vintage Apple IIe Slot 3 Clock – Southern California Research Group

$175.00



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working picture

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working

$24.99



Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh ADB picture

Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh ADB

$39.99



Vintage Apple Macintosh Computer Travel Bag Tote Shoulder Side Bag with Strap picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Computer Travel Bag Tote Shoulder Side Bag with Strap

$125.00



Apple IIe Vintage Personal Computer A2S2064 picture

Apple IIe Vintage Personal Computer A2S2064

$199.99



11 Vintage Apple 3.5

11 Vintage Apple 3.5" Floppy Disc Label

$10.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor picture

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor

$250.00



Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used. picture

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.

$199.99