I'm getting that message too and then when I use the cheat (boot: knoppix acpi=off pnpbio=off noapic noapm) I get ERROR: CANNOT UNITE READ-ONLY MEDIA AND INITIAL RAMDISK!
pardon me...I'm new to Knoppix, and Linux!
I was able to easily boot Knoppix, and then install Ubuntu on my Laptop which is a P3 600Mhz - older laptop. I now want to try to run Knoppix on my Desktop PC, and eventually also install Ubuntu. However, every time I try to load Knoppix I get an Error Message that says:
Kernel Bug at drivers/scsi/libata-core.c:2077!
[A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF HERE]
<0>Kernel Panic - Not Syncing: Attempted to Kill Init!
any suggestions as to what may be causing this? Thanks for your help!!!
][Q][
I'm getting that message too and then when I use the cheat (boot: knoppix acpi=off pnpbio=off noapic noapm) I get ERROR: CANNOT UNITE READ-ONLY MEDIA AND INITIAL RAMDISK!

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99