I'm getting that message too and then when I use the cheat (boot: knoppix acpi=off pnpbio=off noapic noapm) I get ERROR: CANNOT UNITE READ-ONLY MEDIA AND INITIAL RAMDISK!
pardon me...I'm new to Knoppix, and Linux!
I was able to easily boot Knoppix, and then install Ubuntu on my Laptop which is a P3 600Mhz - older laptop. I now want to try to run Knoppix on my Desktop PC, and eventually also install Ubuntu. However, every time I try to load Knoppix I get an Error Message that says:
Kernel Bug at drivers/scsi/libata-core.c:2077!
[A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF HERE]
<0>Kernel Panic - Not Syncing: Attempted to Kill Init!
any suggestions as to what may be causing this? Thanks for your help!!!
][Q][
I'm getting that message too and then when I use the cheat (boot: knoppix acpi=off pnpbio=off noapic noapm) I get ERROR: CANNOT UNITE READ-ONLY MEDIA AND INITIAL RAMDISK!

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD
$95.00
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59