-
Kernel Panic - Not Syncing: Attempted to Kill Init!
pardon me...I'm new to Knoppix, and Linux!
I was able to easily boot Knoppix, and then install Ubuntu on my Laptop which is a P3 600Mhz - older laptop. I now want to try to run Knoppix on my Desktop PC, and eventually also install Ubuntu. However, every time I try to load Knoppix I get an Error Message that says:
Kernel Bug at drivers/scsi/libata-core.c:2077!
[A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF HERE]
<0>Kernel Panic - Not Syncing: Attempted to Kill Init!
any suggestions as to what may be causing this? Thanks for your help!!!
][Q][
-
Senior Member
registered user
Same problem
I'm getting that message too and then when I use the cheat (boot: knoppix acpi=off pnpbio=off noapic noapm) I get ERROR: CANNOT UNITE READ-ONLY MEDIA AND INITIAL RAMDISK!
Similar Threads
-
By SaberCat in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-06-2008, 04:23 PM
-
By pegasus in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-31-2008, 05:02 PM
-
By satimis in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-03-2005, 03:13 AM
-
By voldemort_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 06:16 PM
-
By Thundjar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-27-2003, 11:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory
$27.95

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$378.00

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39