Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Kernel Panic - Not Syncing: Attempted to Kill Init!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DTX
    Posts
    1

    Kernel Panic - Not Syncing: Attempted to Kill Init!

    pardon me...I'm new to Knoppix, and Linux!

    I was able to easily boot Knoppix, and then install Ubuntu on my Laptop which is a P3 600Mhz - older laptop. I now want to try to run Knoppix on my Desktop PC, and eventually also install Ubuntu. However, every time I try to load Knoppix I get an Error Message that says:

    Kernel Bug at drivers/scsi/libata-core.c:2077!

    [A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF HERE]

    <0>Kernel Panic - Not Syncing: Attempted to Kill Init!


    any suggestions as to what may be causing this? Thanks for your help!!!

    ][Q][

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    120

    Same problem

    I'm getting that message too and then when I use the cheat (boot: knoppix acpi=off pnpbio=off noapic noapm) I get ERROR: CANNOT UNITE READ-ONLY MEDIA AND INITIAL RAMDISK!

Similar Threads

  1. Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill idle task!
    By SaberCat in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 04:23 PM
  2. Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
    By pegasus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 05:02 PM
  3. Kernel panic - not syncing : No init found
    By satimis in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2005, 03:13 AM
  4. Help please!!! Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init
    By voldemort_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 06:16 PM
  5. Kernel panic: attempted to kill init!
    By Thundjar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2003, 11:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4

$179.95



AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF picture

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF

$215.00



Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included picture

Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included

$299.99