-
No "Boot from CD" option in BIOS/Floppy Disk
I have an old Dell Laptop with a modular bay (Battery, CD, and Floppy) There is no option of Booting From CD.
So, I tried to boot from the CDs.
When I try to boot KNOPPIX-Floppyu Disk, I get:
Code:
Kernal Panic - Not Syncing with : VFS: Unable to mount rootfs on Unkown Block (1,3)
Any Ideas?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: No "Boot from CD" option in BIOS/Floppy Disk

Originally Posted by
The Japanese Geek
When I try to boot KNOPPIX-Floppyu Disk, I get:.....
Any Ideas?
I have no idea what you actually tried, but the idea I offer is the same as we give in the Downloading FAQ, make a SBM floppy or install SBM or XOSL to your hard disk and then you can boot any CD. Without an option to boot from CD in the BIOS, I would elect to install XOSL to make the system much more user friendly.
Similar Threads
-
By benny_mott in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-14-2006, 10:11 PM
-
By briankinder in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-27-2005, 01:53 AM
-
By Gromit in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-08-2005, 05:01 AM
-
By lothario in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-16-2004, 11:00 AM
-
By shoka in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$149.00

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

USB 2.0 Network Print Server LAN Print Share Server USB Wireless Print Server
$25.19

Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205
$317.56