Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: No "Boot from CD" option in BIOS/Floppy Disk

  1. #1

    No "Boot from CD" option in BIOS/Floppy Disk

    I have an old Dell Laptop with a modular bay (Battery, CD, and Floppy) There is no option of Booting From CD.
    So, I tried to boot from the CDs.
    When I try to boot KNOPPIX-Floppyu Disk, I get:
    Code:
    Kernal Panic - Not Syncing with : VFS: Unable to mount rootfs on Unkown Block (1,3)
    Any Ideas?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: No "Boot from CD" option in BIOS/Floppy Disk

    Quote Originally Posted by The Japanese Geek
    When I try to boot KNOPPIX-Floppyu Disk, I get:.....
    Any Ideas?
    I have no idea what you actually tried, but the idea I offer is the same as we give in the Downloading FAQ, make a SBM floppy or install SBM or XOSL to your hard disk and then you can boot any CD. Without an option to boot from CD in the BIOS, I would elect to install XOSL to make the system much more user friendly.

Similar Threads

  1. A "work around for broken BIOS"
    By benny_mott in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 10:11 PM
  2. knoppix as a repair disk: cant find "scan disk"
    By briankinder in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 01:53 AM
  3. Problem with "toram" option with my remaster
    By Gromit in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 05:01 AM
  4. make "knoppix nodma" permanent on hard disk instal
    By lothario in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-16-2004, 11:00 AM
  5. "Formatting of failed" and "Opened disk read
    By shoka in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1671.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Micro Center 2-in-1 SSD Flash Drive 1TB USB-A/USB-C USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps picture

Micro Center 2-in-1 SSD Flash Drive 1TB USB-A/USB-C USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps

$240.00



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Dell Precision 7560 i7-11850H 2.5GHz 32GB 1TB NVMe 15.6

Dell Precision 7560 i7-11850H 2.5GHz 32GB 1TB NVMe 15.6" T1200 No OS: Fair

$459.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Silicon Power 1TB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC SATA III 2.5

Silicon Power 1TB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC SATA III 2.5" SSD Laptop XBOX PS3 PC

$119.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99