-
Knoppix 4.0.2 CD won't work correctly on my computer
I recently got a knoppix 4.0.2 disk at school and played around with it a little bit there (it works). However, when I go to my home PCs, I get numerous error messages and in the end the screen goes black and it never boots.
1) With the CD in I turn the PC on and the splash screen (with boot
comes up, I hit enter.
2) I get these error messages. I tried taking a picture of them with my dig. camera, though it didn't turn out too great.
http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/5350/p10104835eu.jpg
http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/601/p10104849eh.jpg
Something about buffer read i/o error on device hdc. Being completely new to Linux I can't say I understand any of it. I was hoping you guys could help me out here and get this thing to work on my computers.
3) The process gets to autoconfiguring devices and hangs with a full bar for a few minutes.
4) The screen goes black and nothing else ever happens.
This is almost the same on both of my computers, and I thought it might be the CD but it worked at school and it looks like it's in good shape (no scratches, etc). Any help you can offer would be great.
Specs on the computer I'm trying it on: Hewlett Packard (groan, I know, tell me about it), AMD 2800, Radeon X800XL video card, 2x 512 Corsair value RAM. If you need anything else let me know.
[edit] Sorry about the double post, I clicked submit and the page never loaded so I thought it wasn't working and hit it again.
Similar Threads
-
By alivec in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-07-2008, 11:08 AM
-
By Jbike in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-24-2005, 06:17 PM
-
By Zeffel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-11-2005, 12:20 AM
-
By fenriz in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 10:20 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-21-2003, 06:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Windows Server 2025 Standard Edition - 24 Core License
$238.00

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19