Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Linux Modem Drivers for Toshiba Satellite P25-S507 Latop

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35

    Linux Modem Drivers for Toshiba Satellite P25-S507 Latop

    HI:

    Where can I find Linux Drivers for my Toshiba Satellite P25-S507 Laptop's , Toshiba Software Modem. I believe it is HSF Modem, I tried

    installing the latest Linuxant HSF Modem driver. but I get error while configuring it.

    Linuxant HSF driver states, Device not found

    Warning: Snd_Via812_modem replaced by hsfmodemdh3
    Warning: Hsfdch3d2 replaced by Hsfdhcmdm6
    Warning: Hcdhc4 replaced by hsfdch3d


    Something of this sort. I guess there was already a modem available. How can I get back the dafult drivers if it were there. In any case

    ListModem utyility in WinXP classfies the Modem as this

    Toshiba Software Modem 2.1.25.11
    Vendor ID : 8086
    Device ID : 24D6
    SubVendor ID : 1179
    SubDevice ID: 0001
    Revision ID: 02

    Vendor Name : ICH
    Device Name: Unknown
    SubVendor Name: COMPAL
    Modem Type: HSF
    WINXP BUILTIN Support: NO
    AMR Intel MB, AC97

    Any company by name ICH and COMPAL?

    I would like to connect to internet via Linux & not WinXP.

    Thanks Much,
    AJ

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35
    I am able to use slmodem on this software modem, only thing is to automate the loading /usr/sbin/slmodem into initrd script?

    How do I do that?

    Thanks,
    AJ

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35
    I am able to use slmodem on this software modem, only thing is to automate the loading /usr/sbin/slmodem into initrd script?

    How do I do that?

    Thanks,
    AJ

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 6.0.1 on a Toshiba Satellite
    By vegasfan32 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 07:27 AM
  2. Knoppix 5.1.1 on Toshiba P25-S507 Laptop
    By AJones in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 06:58 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 08:17 AM
  4. Hibernation on Toshiba Satellite
    By chrisjrn in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 03:30 AM
  5. Toshiba Satellite 1805 modem
    By nightcrawler in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 09:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$680.00



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX picture

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX

$69.99