-
Problems with the chroot command
Hi everyone!
I'm attempting to create my own distro for corporate use. I'm following the directions in last months Linux Format mag. I had some issues getting the required files copied over, but managed to circumvent that. I'm now at a point where I need to run the chroot command, to make changes to my distro - add/remove programs, etc...
I'm running the command, but it keeps telling me that there is no such file or directory.
The image drive is hdb1 (2nd hard drive), and I'm running in the root shell. Below is the command I'm attempting to run from the mnt directory:
chroot hdb1/mnt/drive/knoppix-tmp/source/KNOPPIX
I've also tried chroot /hdb1/mnt/drive/knoppix-tmp/source/KNOPPIX with no success.
I'm not sure why the system tells me that there is no such file or directory. Prior to running this command, I've mounted hdb1 with read/write access, and I am able to copy files over. The pc has Mandriva installed on hda1, but I'm actually running the chroot command from the cd.
Thanks alot for your suggestions!
Similar Threads
-
By debiminho in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-13-2008, 05:32 PM
-
By MoDri in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 11-10-2005, 09:57 AM
-
By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 27
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 04:12 PM
-
By gursharnsingh in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 09:38 PM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2400T-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$340.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00