Hi all,
by pure chance I just discovered that copying data to an nfs-mounted partition, e.g. 'dd_rescue /dev/hda3 /mnt/nfsmounted/hda3.image' is about three times faster with Knoppix 3.7 than with Knoppix 3.8 (CeBIT edition 2005) and knoppix 4.0.2.
I'm quite astonished. Is that normal? What's the problem, if it is a known one? Can I do something about it?
TIA for any comments/hints/info
D.

Lot of Vintage Ribbon Cables Untested Sold As Is
$99.99
Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov
$275.00
Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used
$47.99
Vintage Macintosh 128k 512k Microsoft FILE Version 1.0 Data Management File
$89.99
Vintage Zak McKracken Alien Mindbenders Big Box Commodore 64/128 Insert UNTESTED
$205.00
Vintage IBM ThinkPad 701C “Butterfly” Laptop – Collector’s Item
$500.00
Vintage Retro Lot IC CHIPS CERAMIC Plastic Assorted GOLD Scrap Collection Tubes
$199.99
Vintage Toshiba T3300SL Portable Computer Laptop 1991 Works Dark Screen Bundle
$449.99
Vintage Toshiba XM-6201B SCSI 50 Pin CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99
Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99