-
Burning a disk?
I am attempting to use knoppix to recover the data from my hard drive that crashed. I want to burn the data off of my old drive to CD's/DVD's and am having some difficulty doing it. I'm brand new with Knoppix so my knowledge is pretty limited.
I am using Knoppix 4.02
I have 2 writeable drives, one CD and one DVD
I have set the drive permissions to write (I beleive I have - i right click on the drive, select properties, permissions and make them writeable)
I right click on the drive, select the make data disk and I put the files I select the files I want to burn.
When I try to burn the CD it does a couple of things.
First it says there is no writeable CD in the drive. (There is)
Second it says I get an error that basiclly says (Error, unable to determine the size of the volume to be written)
I'm sure i'm making some simple mistake but as stated above I'm new at this. Can someone assist me? Even just a link to an idiot resistant set of instructions on burning data disks would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By mystmaiden in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-21-2009, 11:38 PM
-
By pau1knopp in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-04-2006, 12:15 AM
-
By bottomer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-30-2005, 02:20 PM
-
By briankinder in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-27-2005, 01:53 AM
-
By sopo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 11:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99