Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Lade.html - Bad command or file name

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2

    Lade.html - Bad command or file name

    I've spent the past few days searching, and trying, many things I've found in Google for a crashed hard drive. I did a backup this summer, so I can get most of the data I want off of it (mostly digital pix), but not all. I've searched the forums and FAQs here, and don't see any answers to my question.

    I can boot to a floppy disk, with CD-ROM support. The machine is a 5 yr old machine, and the BIOS doesn't have the CD as a boot drive....I know I can monkey with that, but I've had issues getting this machine to boot from the CD-ROM, so I just boot from the floppy.

    Anyway, I go to my CD-ROM drive and try to run my Knoppix live CD, but I get the message Lade "Index.html", Bad command or file name.

    I know the Knoppix CD is OK, because I can boot with it on my laptop.

    I looked in the autorun.inf, and saw that the first line is @echo Lade "index.html", so I get why that displays, but I don't see what should launch next.

    I have 512 MB of RAM, so I don't understand why Knoppix won't load.

    I also try to boot with a 9 yr old Gateway pentium PC, and I get a message along the lines of, "Can't find CD-ROM device drivers, Knoppix will just wing it" (or something like that), and then the launch stops. This PC only has 64 MB or RAM, so I'm guessing if I can move some of the RAM over from my dead PC, I might be able to get Knoppix to load.

    Any ideas from the experts out there? Like I said, I just want to get my data off, and then I'll reformat the drive.

    Any and all help (be it Knoppix, or just ideas to get my data off of the drive) would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Lade.html - Bad command or file name

    Quote Originally Posted by kiddka
    I know the Knoppix CD is OK, because I can boot with it on my laptop.
    We see this quote from people over and over, you really don't know anything except that it boots on the laptop. If it was a high speed burn it might be marginal and I would expect it to boot on some systems but not on others.

    As to the floppy, I have no idea what is on the floppy. If it's a copy of SBM then it should work (if you are using it correctly). If it's anything else then I doubt if it will help you.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2
    Harry Kuhman wrote:

    As to the floppy, I have no idea what is on the floppy. If it's a copy of SBM then it should work (if you are using it correctly). If it's anything else then I doubt if it will help you.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you Harry!

    I guess I didn't search everything because I didn't search the FAQs about the CD not booting my computer, sorry.

    I took your advice and created a Smart Boot Manager floppy and that did the trick! I was able to boot my PC off of the Knoppix live CD and see my drive & files.

    Thank you very much for the help!

    Kiddka

Similar Threads

  1. Default myconf=scan and post startup command file
    By longlostname in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 10:08 PM
  2. html editor
    By brass in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 07:22 PM
  3. file:/cdrom/index.html
    By KnoppiXRuleZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 11:07 PM
  4. file:/cdrom/index.html
    By KnoppiXRuleZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 11:06 PM
  5. File:/cdrom/index.html does not exist
    By evilmrhenry in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 05:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4

$279.99



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST picture

Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST

$159.99



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98