-
Lade.html - Bad command or file name
I've spent the past few days searching, and trying, many things I've found in Google for a crashed hard drive. I did a backup this summer, so I can get most of the data I want off of it (mostly digital pix), but not all. I've searched the forums and FAQs here, and don't see any answers to my question.
I can boot to a floppy disk, with CD-ROM support. The machine is a 5 yr old machine, and the BIOS doesn't have the CD as a boot drive....I know I can monkey with that, but I've had issues getting this machine to boot from the CD-ROM, so I just boot from the floppy.
Anyway, I go to my CD-ROM drive and try to run my Knoppix live CD, but I get the message Lade "Index.html", Bad command or file name.
I know the Knoppix CD is OK, because I can boot with it on my laptop.
I looked in the autorun.inf, and saw that the first line is @echo Lade "index.html", so I get why that displays, but I don't see what should launch next.
I have 512 MB of RAM, so I don't understand why Knoppix won't load.
I also try to boot with a 9 yr old Gateway pentium PC, and I get a message along the lines of, "Can't find CD-ROM device drivers, Knoppix will just wing it" (or something like that), and then the launch stops. This PC only has 64 MB or RAM, so I'm guessing if I can move some of the RAM over from my dead PC, I might be able to get Knoppix to load.
Any ideas from the experts out there? Like I said, I just want to get my data off, and then I'll reformat the drive.
Any and all help (be it Knoppix, or just ideas to get my data off of the drive) would be greatly appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By longlostname in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-28-2008, 10:08 PM
-
By brass in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-06-2006, 07:22 PM
-
By KnoppiXRuleZ in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 11:07 PM
-
By KnoppiXRuleZ in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 11:06 PM
-
By evilmrhenry in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

10x LOT: New in Box Cisco CP-7821-K9 VOIP Business Phones w/ Handsets + Stands
$795.00

Yealink SIP-T54W 16-Line Color Display Business VoIP Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi PoE
$60.00

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95

Yealink SIP-T46S IP Phone - Black
$20.00