Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Gnomemeeting doesn't recognize soundcard, knoppix op does??

  1. #1

    Gnomemeeting doesn't recognize soundcard, knoppix op does??

    Guys, newbie here trying to get GnomeMeeting working. Knopp 3.6 does recognize my sound card and plays mp3's and stuff. But when I try firing up GMing it says that I don't have a usable soundcard installled. I tried configuring the card and knop recognized it and played a sound sample. But still GMing won't work
    Also how do you change permissions anyway, isn't the live cd operating as root user anyway?
    And hey what type of usb video camaras does knop like also so I can get one, I tried plugging in an intel video camara into the usb but I don;t know what knop program I can start to see if the video camara is working
    any clues??
    Randy

  2. #2
    ok I'm a lazy ass, I've discovered the cheatcode thing by doing a little searching in fax,type in " knoppix alsa " then enter at the very very first knoppix picture you see when booting live cd, Gnomemmeting does go through configuration menus now, but it doesn't like my soundcard but I'm at least making progress, again how do you get a video camara working

Similar Threads

  1. How can Knoppix recognize exponenets?
    By Ian111384 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
  2. Knoppix 4.02 doesn't recognize USB port
    By klifnor in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-2005, 10:49 PM
  3. Can't get Knoppix 3.4 to recognize nic
    By Kakalak in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 11:23 PM
  4. gnomemeeting cannot startup in 2003-05-20-en
    By nicklaser in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 05:24 AM
  5. Anybody go Gnomemeeting .98 loaded?
    By pau1knopp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 04:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St... picture

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...

$64.99



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H picture

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H

$104.98



Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys picture

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys

$16.99



Metro DataVac PRO MDV-1 Computer Cleaning System Blower/Vacuum Complete w/ Bags picture

Metro DataVac PRO MDV-1 Computer Cleaning System Blower/Vacuum Complete w/ Bags

$129.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



95000PA Wireless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable US picture

95000PA Wireless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable US

$21.98